1. -This is Bill speaking. May I speak to Mr. Smith? 我是比尔。我能找史密斯先生通话吗?
- ___D______ Here he comes. 稍等。他来了。
B.Don't go away.
C.Who are you?
2. - How is your headache? 你的头疼怎么样了?
- ___B______ 现在好多了。(注意：本题答案与复习资料次重点92题不同)
A.Not at all.
3. - Would you come and have dinner with us? 来跟我们一起吃完饭怎么样?
- _____D____ 谢谢。我会来的。
A.No, I think I do.
B.No, never mind.
D.Thanks. I will.
Mr Brown was going away for a week. Before he left, he said to his son, "if anyone asks for me, you can tell him that your father has been out for doing something(你父亲出去办点事), and will be back in a week, then be sure to ask him to sit down for a cup of tea."
"OK, Dad," said his son. But he was afraid his son couldn't remember this, he wrote these words down on a piece of paper and gave it to him. His son put it into his small pocket, took it out and looked at it every now and then. (时不时地)
Four days passed, but no one came to see his father. The boy thought that there was no man to come and that the piece of paper was of no more use for him, so he burnt it that evening. (of no more use=not useful)
The next afternoon, someone knocked at the door. The boy opened it. A man was standing at the door and said, "Where is your father?" The boy put his hand into his pocket at once for the piece of paper. He could not find it. He suddenly remembered he had burnt it, so he shouted, "No more."
The man was very surprised. He asked, "No more? I met your father last week. When did it happen?"
"Burnt yesterday evening."
1、Mr Brown told his son that he would be back in a month.
2、Mr Brown wrote the words down on his son's pocket.
3、A man came to visit the boy's father on the fifth day.
4、The man was very surprised because he thought the child's father was dead.
5、The paper was burnt.
1. It is said that the best time to visit the city is June or July, ____D____ the South American winter cools the city. 据说游览这座城市的最佳时间是6月或7月，这时南美的冬天让这座城市凉爽下来了。
A.where B.which C.on which D.when
2. He ran _____C____ the direction of the school. 他向学校的方向跑去。
A.at B.for C.in D.on
3. It is believed that if a book is _____D___, it will surely ________ the reader. 人们认为如果一本书很有趣，它就肯定会让读者感兴趣。
A.interested… interest B.interesting… be interested
C.interested… be interesting D.interesting… interest
Sometimes people are cheated by dress. Once，a great scholar went to a party. As he was very simply __21__，he could not go inside. So he returned home and put on his __22__ clothes. He went back to the party and was given a warm reception. In the time of the dinner he did not eat but was talking to his clothes.The host came and asked what was __23__. The scholar told him what happened. Since he was admitted only __24__ his dress，he was talking to his dress. The host regretted about it and asked for the pardon of the scholar. Though dress may be，to some extent(某种程度上)，__25__ to judge a person，that alone will not be sufficient.
21 – 25 A best B because of C useful D dressed E wrong
1. I knocked on his door but nobody came to answer it.
2. As is known to all, China is the largest developing country in the world.
3. My classmate is much cleverer than I.
4. What kind of life do most people enjoy?
5. They thought that there must be something wrong with their TV set.
6. Look out the window it's still raining today!
7. Both Ann and Mary are suitable for the job.
8. The People's Republic of China (PRC), founded on October 1, 1949, covers an area of 9.6 million square kilometers.
9. I rang your house last night but your mother answered the phone.